COVID-19 Policy and Prevention
This is what we are doing to keep you and ourselves safe and healthy, and the new procedures you can expect at your next massage therapy treatment.
What to expect from me:
- I will text you when I am ready for you, so that you do not have to wait in the waiting area near other patients, so please ensure there is a cell number on your booking, add it to the notes section if it's not listed as your main phone number.
- When you see me, I will be wearing a mask and an apron which I will change between each patient. I may also wear a face shield for certain techniques.
- I will be calling you the day before or the morning of your appointment to ask you the COVID-19 screening questions.
- Prior to starting your session, we will go over the COVID-19 screening questions again to ensure we can proceed.
- If you screen positive or unknown for COVID-19, you will be asked to leave immediately, return home to self-isolate and to complete the online self-assessment tool before calling your doctor.
- I will, as always, wash my hands, forearms and elbows before and after each appointment.
- I will be changing all linens, including blankets, between patients and anything that cannot be disinfected will be removed from the treatment area, so things may sound crunchier (vinyl) and potentially not be as soft and comfortable for the time being, my apologies in advance.
- I also have disposable face rest covers which I will be using for the time being.
- I have purchased an extra face rest, so in addition to disinfecting the face rest, I will be alternating them so the other one can sit for a few hours.
- I will disinfect all surfaces contacted by either patients or myself after each appointment.
- I will be disinfecting commonly touched surface areas in common areas at least 2 times per day.
- I am using disinfectant products approved by Health Canada for defence against COVID-19.
- I have altered my appointment times to allow for 30 minutes between patients to allow for proper physical distancing between patients and to allow enough time for my sanitization routines.
- I need to document names and phone numbers of all the people who enter my space for contact tracing, only I will be seeing this document to keep people's information private, and you are allowed to refuse to have your name and phone number added to this document. If you need to have someone else accompany you to your treatment, I will need to ask for their permission to add their name and phone number to this document as well.
What we expect from our patients:
Please cancel your appointment beforehand if:
- you have been in contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness, or have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 without wearing appropriate PPE
- you have any of the following: a fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, chills, new unexplained headaches, new unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, pink eye, runny nose/nasal congestion (without known cause such as seasonal allergies or post nasal drip)
- you are 70 years old or older and are experiencing any of the following: delirium, unexplained or increased number of falls, sudden, unexplained functional decline, sudden worsening of chronic conditions
- The above are the same COVID-19 screening questions I will ask you again before your session.
- If you cancel for above reasons, even if it is less time than our 24 hour cancellation policy, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED A CANCELLATION FEE.
- Also please make use of the waitlist function on Genbook so that I might be able to get you in if I do have a cancellation.
- If you come to the clinic with any of the above, you will be asked to leave and will be charged the cost of the session.
- Do not arrive for your appointment early. If you do arrive early, please remain in your car or outdoors. Only enter the building a maximum 5 minutes before your appointment time, unless I have texted you earlier than that.
- If you are a new patient please try to print and fill out the health history form ahead of time so that you don't need to arrive early and sit in the patient waiting area to fill out forms. It is sent as an attachment to the New Client appointment types, it can also be found here on the website.
- Please arrive alone (unless you require assistance to get to the appointment).
- Avoid arriving late, to the best of your ability, as I am on a strict schedule and will have to shorten the session to remain on time, but will still charge the full length of the scheduled session.
- You are asked to arrive wearing a mask. It can be a fabric mask. If you are unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition or don't have one we can discuss options, and I can provide one to you.
- You will have to wear the mask your entire time in the clinic. Please dispose of it properly after leaving the clinic.
- Do not enter the clinic wearing gloves.
- Please wash your hands immediately upon entering the clinic and practice proper hand hygiene, as needed, throughout your time in the clinic. If the washroom is unavailable when you enter and you don't feel comfortable waiting for it to become free, I will have hand sanitizer available. Please also wash your hands after your treatment.
- Please bring minimal items with you into the clinic.
- Please remember to maintain a 6ft (2metre) distance from any other patient or practitioner who is not treating you, if possible.