Affinity Massage Therapy and Wellness Policies
Please note that we require 24 hours advance notice to reschedule or cancel appointments, otherwise we will need to charge you a missed appointment fee. The first cancellation without 24 hours notice will be charged at half the treatment fee, subsequent cancellations will be charged the full amount.
In consideration for your therapist and the person scheduled after your appointment, please be on time for your appointment, as we may not be able to extend your treatment time. We will give you as much of your treatment time as possible, but may need to end at the scheduled time, especially if there is someone scheduled right after you.
A receipt is issued after each massage therapy treatment. Receipts for gift certificates are issued in the name of the purchaser; the description of the service paid for is “Gift Certificate”. A receipt is not issued when the gift certificate is redeemed.
As a Health Information Custodian (HIC) under Ontario's Personal Health Information Privacy Act (2004), the staff members in this organization are bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
It is not the practice of Affinity Massage Therapy and Wellness to buy, sell or trade private information.
Our responsibilities include:
- Collect only the information that may be necessary for your care
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records
- Safeguard the medical records in our possession
- Only when it is deemed necessary for your treatment, and with further written permission, will we contact other health care providers outside the clinic
- Information may be shared with another health care provider (including any member of a regulated health profession under the Regulated Health Practitioners Act) and organizations on a "need to know" basis only when required for your care (emergencies, serious safety issues, other RMTs in the clinic)
- Disclose information to third parties only with your express consent, or when necessary for legal reasons
- Retain and destroy records in accordance with the law
Your request for care implies consent for our collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information for purposes related to your care. As noted above, other purposes require your express consent.
- Understand the purposes for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information
- Refuse or give consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal health information, except where required by law
- Withdraw or change your consent
- View your health records
- Request amendments to your records
- Obtain copies of your records (please request the fees for this service)
- If you have any questions or complaints please speak to Amy Schultz RMT, email@example.com, or 613-406-2259
- If your concerns are not resolved you can contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at 1-800-387-0073